Messi: Barcelona star continues fantastic Sevilla goal record
The Barça forward has scored more against the Andalusian side than any other club - and added to his tally in Seville on Sunday night. Sporting vs Barcelona
Barcelona star Lionel Messi continued his great scoring record against Sevilla in his side's 2-1 LaLiga victory at the Ramón Sánchez-Pizjuán on Sunday evening.
Goal number 27 against Sevilla
The Argentinian fired in the visitors' equaliser shortly before half time in Seville, chalking up his 27th career goal against the Andalusians.
27 - Lionel Messi has scored 27 goals against Sevilla, more than against any other side (all competitions). Infallible. pic.twitter.com/i4s2JenXBZ— OptaJose (@OptaJose) 6 November 2016
Opened account 10 years ago
Since making his Barça debut in October 2004, Messi has netted more strikes against Sevilla than any other club, with his first coming in a 3-1 win in 2006.
Clubs to have conceded the most Messi goals (all competitions):
Atlético Madrid: 25
Real Madrid: 21
Osasuna / Athletic Club: 19
500 goals for Barcelona
Messi's leveller also saw him bring up his 500th goal for Los Azulgranas in competitive fixtures and friendlies.
Recommended in English
- MLB Why is the MLB close to a lockout? What are the key issues?
- NFL Where does the Dallas Cowboys - New York Giants team rivalry comes from?
- NFL Who has the biggest NFL rivalry?
- US NEWS What services are likely to stop during a government shutdown?
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES Supreme Court on Roe v Wade live updates: arguments, Abortion Law, Mississippi...
- NFL Who are the 10 best Dallas Cowboy players of all time?