Jesús Navas: Manchester City man's Sevilla return taking shape
31-year-old winger Navas is expected to re-join the LaLiga club in the summer after spending four seasons in the Premier League.Manchester City vs Napoli: Champions League
Jesús Navas appears ever more likely to return to Sevilla this summer, four years after leaving the Andalusians for Premier League side Manchester City.
Navas has become an increasingly peripheral figure at the Etihad Stadium in 2017, making just two league appearances since the turn of the year.
In the Champions League, meanwhile, the Spain cap featured for a total of one minute of City's recent last-16 tie against Ligue 1 leaders AS Monaco.
Time is right for Navas to make Sevilla return
The winger is out of contract in June and is said to feel it is the right time to re-sign for the club he played for nearly 400 times after joining its youth set-up at 15.
Navas is from Los Palacios, located just outside Seville, with his strong emotional ties to the area seeing him jet back to southern Spain whenever possible.
His camp are now in regular contact with Sevilla, where he won two UEFA Cups, two Copas del Rey, a UEFA Super Cup and a Spanish Super Cup from 2003 to 2013.
It is also understood that his four-year-old son has already been enrolled at a primary school in Los Palacios for the coming academic year.
In his time at City, the World Cup winner has made 173 appearances and scored eight goals, lifting one Premier League title and two League Cups.
- Roque Mesa1007Passes
*Update 25 de marzo de 2017
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Gonzalo Higuaín returned to the MLS Team of the Week
- LALIGA SANTANDER Coutinho reaches 100, but Barcelona won't pay Liverpool variable
- SOCCER | BARCELONA Koeman: Clasico Barcelona fans incident reflects "social issues"
- NBA | BULLS Bulls 'want to win now' after following in Michael Jordan's footsteps with 4-0 start
- MLB When was the last time the Astros and Braves won the World Series?
- WORLD SERIES Who are the MLB World Series winners by year?