Zinedine Zidane is remaining true to his policy of rotation for Real Madrid’s trip to Riazor to play Deportivo and has left Cristiano Ronaldo and Toni Kroos out of his squad.
Ronaldo on four yellows
The Portuguese is one caution away from a suspension and with Real hosting Valencia at the weekend Zidane has erred on the side of caution in handing Ronaldo a rest. The decision represents the third consecutive time Ronaldo has been omitted from a squad for an away fixture this season for technical considerations after being left out of the victories in Leganés (2-4) and Sporting (2-3). The Portuguese also sat out the reverse fixture against Depor (3-2) at the Bernabéu in the side’s last Liga fixture before travelling to Japan for the Club World Cup.
The main novelty in Zidane’s squad for the trip to Riazor is the presence of Castilla right back Álvaro Tejero. The Real coach has called up the canterano to cover for defensive absences while Raphael Varane, who has just returned from injury, is also included.
Real Madrid squad for Deportivo:
Keepers: Navas, Casilla and Yáñez.
Defenders: Carvajal, Varane, Nacho, Marcelo, Danilo and Tejero.
Midfielders: James, Casemiro, Kovacic, Modric, Asensio and Isco.
Forwards: Benzema, Vázquez, Mariano and Morata.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO How many times has Barcelona won against Real Madrid without Messi?
- NFL Denver Broncos 14 vs Cleveland Browns 17 summary: score, highlights | NFL Week 7
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- US NEWS How could Alec Baldwin have killed Halyna Hutchins with a prop firearm?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?