Zinedine Zidane is remaining true to his policy of rotation for Real Madrid’s trip to Riazor to play Deportivo and has left Cristiano Ronaldo and Toni Kroos out of his squad.
Ronaldo on four yellows
The Portuguese is one caution away from a suspension and with Real hosting Valencia at the weekend Zidane has erred on the side of caution in handing Ronaldo a rest. The decision represents the third consecutive time Ronaldo has been omitted from a squad for an away fixture this season for technical considerations after being left out of the victories in Leganés (2-4) and Sporting (2-3). The Portuguese also sat out the reverse fixture against Depor (3-2) at the Bernabéu in the side’s last Liga fixture before travelling to Japan for the Club World Cup.
The main novelty in Zidane’s squad for the trip to Riazor is the presence of Castilla right back Álvaro Tejero. The Real coach has called up the canterano to cover for defensive absences while Raphael Varane, who has just returned from injury, is also included.
Real Madrid squad for Deportivo:
Keepers: Navas, Casilla and Yáñez.
Defenders: Carvajal, Varane, Nacho, Marcelo, Danilo and Tejero.
Midfielders: James, Casemiro, Kovacic, Modric, Asensio and Isco.
Forwards: Benzema, Vázquez, Mariano and Morata.
Te recomendamos en English
- TENNIS Emma Raducanu "hungry" to improve after US Open win
- US NEWS What did Simone Biles say in her testimony to the FBI regarding Larry Nassar allegations?
- Jacksonville Jaguars "No chance" - Jaguars coach Urban Meyer rules out return to college football with USC
- SOCCER FIFA survey shows majority of fans back more frequent World Cups
- NBA Lisa Byington makes history as Milwaukee Bucks announcer
- MLB MLB round-up: Bichette matches career high and Ray fans 13 for Jays, Giants streak snapped