Vinicius Júnior, who is close to sealing an agreement to join Real Madrid from the summer of 2018, passed a medical revision with Flamengo today, and the results of which will be sent directly to the Bernabéu, according to Globoesporte. The 16-year-old forward, underwent a series of tests this morning at the Samaritano de Barra da Tijuca Hospital, on the west side of Rio de Janeiro.
Vinicius undergoes rigourous medical check-up
The medical examination was performed through the life insurance policy programme which all players in the squad are part of. However, in this case the report will be sent to Madrid. Vinicius was in jubilant mood as he left the hospital and told reporters: “I'm very happy. I got up early especially for the revision. I'm very excited to be graduating to a professional team and being able to play in the Brasileirão”.
Madrid outbid Barcelona for Brazilian teenager
According to Globoesporte, Real Madrid have tabled a 45 million euro offer for Vinicius - 15 million more than his buy-out and 20 more than Barcelona's offer for the talented teenager, who was elected the best player of the most recent South American Under-17 tournament.
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS At what age can you collect Social Security?
- Health What is ‘Golden Blood’, the incredibly rare blood type known as Rhnull
- ALFREDO RELAÑO LaLiga's conundrum in trying to schedule match-day 21
- NFL Divisional round predictions: Bengals vs Titans, 49ers vs Packers, Rams vs Bucs, Bills vs Chiefs
- NFL LA Rams' QB Matthew Stafford is ready to play the Bucs
- COPA DEL REY Athletic Club vs Barcelona summary: score, goals, highlights, Copa del Rey 2021-22