Cristiano tells courtroom: "I'd like to go back to England"
Images emerge of the Real Madrid player testifying before the judge on 31 July during his case for allegedly defrauding the Spanish tax authorities.Uruguay vs Russia live online: World Cup 2018 Group A
Images have emerged of Cristiano Ronaldo testifying before judge Mónica Gómez Ferrer on 31 July during his court case for allegedly defrauding the Spanish tax authorities of 14.7 million euros during the tax years 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014. During his declaration, Cristiano expressed his desire to return to England because of his fiscal problems. "I never had any problems in England, which is why... no, no I'm not going to say it... I would like to go back to England", he told the judge in a recording of the session, published by Portuguese media outlet Correio da manha.
Cristiano - the only thing I know is how to play football
The Real Madrid player explained that he has little or no knowledge of the tax system in Spain and has always left fiscal affairs to his financial advisors and lawyers: "I have clever people who manage my affairs, people who I pay to do things the right way because I am not clever. I only made the sixth grade in school, all I know is playing football. If I have to pay more, I will pay more to Spain to not have any problems. When I go to a place, I always, always pay what I have to pay; I do things the right way and I will continue to do so - in Spain, in England, in Italy... I will always do what the law tells me to".
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Joshua: "No real strategy except for winning" against Usyk
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Osyk: date, tickets, venue
- WORLD NEWS How does Evergrande conglomerate put China's housing system in danger of collapse?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp salutes Liverpool ace Minamino and reveals Firmino fitness update
- GOLF Five reasons why we all love the Ryder Cup
- NBA 15-year NBA veteran JJ Redick announces retirement