Azpilicueta-Morata connection working wonders for Chelsea
Cesar Azpilicueta has now set up six goals for fellow Spaniard Álvaro Morata this season, making their link-up the most prolific in the Premier League.
Álvaro Morata was once again on the receiving end of yet another Cesar Azpilicueta assist in Chelsea's 2-0 win over Brighton and Hove Albion this afternoon.
Morata benefitting from generous Azpilicueta
When Morata fired a powerful header past Brighton's Matt Ryan in the first minute of the second half at Stamford Bridge, he brought up his 10th Premier League goal of the season and the sixth time his international colleague Azpilicueta had supplied the pass. No other duo have been as prolific when it comes to assists for the same goal scorer in England's top flight this season.
The Premier League top assist-makers
Tottenham's record-breaking star Harry Kane has been set up four times apiece by Dele Alli and Kieran Trippier, while there are four three-goal combinations.
David Silva has assisted Gabriel Jesus three times for Manchester City, while Leroy Sané is responsible for the same number of Raheem Sterling goals for the runaway league leaders.
Three of Alexandre Lacazette's eight Arsenal goals have come courtesy of Aaron Ramsey, while Riyad Mahrez has a hat-trick of assists for Jamie Vardy in an echo of Leicester City's 2015-16 title triumph.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 5 August
- UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION $100 Mixed Earner Unemployment Compensation in California: what's the deadline to claim it?
- CORONAVIRUS Do all states have to follow the mask mandate?
- Coronavirus How effective are masks against the Delta variant?
- MLS “We urgently need to start winning trophies” - Carlos Vela on LAFC goals
- SERIE A Eriksen returns to Inter for first time since cardiac arrest