Sevilla sign Roque Mesa on permanent basis
The former Las Palmas midfielder has signed a three-year contract at the Sánchez Pizjuán, bringing an end to his disappointing spell with Swansea City.
Roque Mesa has completed a permanent move from Swansea City to Sevilla.
The 29-year-old midfielder spent the second half of the 2017-18 season on loan at the LaLiga side after struggling to make an impact during his time in south Wales.
Mesa joined Swansea from Las Palmas for a reported fee of €12.5million in July 2017 but made just 11 Premier League appearances while at the Liberty Stadium.
He featured seven times for Sevilla - including starting their last two league fixtures - during his temporary spell, but has now signed a three-year contract after completing a medical.
"Everyone at Swansea City would like to thank Roque for his services and wish him well for the future," Swansea said in a statement on their website.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win