Iker Casillas: Mono Burgos suggests making 20 May International Goalkeepers Day
Diego Simeone's assistant chatted to beIN Sport during half-time in today's game at Espanyol and had an idea as a tribute to Porto's goalkeeper.
It's clear everyone involved in the world of football is concerned about Iker Casillas' recovery from his heart problems. Since the news that the Porto keeper had suffered a cardiac arrest in training, well wishes have poured in from all over the world - the latest, from Atlético de Madrid. Germán Mono Burgos, a former goalkeeper himself who also had to overcome health issues of his own, had a bright idea during the half-time interval of this afternoon's game at Espanyol.
"First of all I'd like to wish Iker Casillas a speedy recovery", Burgos told beIN Sport. "And also, I'd like 20th May to become International Goalkeepers' Day. The best tributes are made during life itself". The Argentinean was referring to Casillas' birthday, which falls on 20 May.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Atlético Madrid: Trippier has his future mapped out
- NFL Buffalo Bills 31 vs Tennessee Titans 34 summary: score, stats, and highlights | NFL Week 6
- MLB Boston Red Sox annihilate Houston Astros in Game 3
- NFL NFL week 6 highlights: scores, updates, big wins and losses
- USMNT Gio Reyna could miss November international break
- NBA LeBron discusses injuries ahead of Lakers-Warriors clash