LA Galaxy finally bring an end to home losing streak
Los Angeles Galaxy halted their poor run at home with a victory over Toronto on Thursday night, with a couple of goals from Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
Nothing lasts forever, Los Angeles Galaxy found out on Thursday, as they emerged from a winless home streak of three games with victory over Toronto FC.
Guillermo Barros Schelotto's side earned their first win at Dignity Health Sports Park since April 28, after a pair of Zlatan Ibrahimovic goals that were also his 12th and 13th strikes of the season and allowed him to close the gap with Carlos Vela for the scoring title.
The first of Ibrahimovic's efforts also ended a sequence of 240 minutes without a Galaxy goal, with their last before that coming on June 22 against FC Cincinnati in the 15th minute of the game.
Galaxy's win took them to a total of 34 points in 19 games and closed the gap on crosstown rivals LAFC, who lead the Western Conference with 40 points.
Two key players to be back
LA Galaxy will recover two of their most essential players once the Gold Cup is over on Sunday, with Jona dos Santos and Uriel Antuna reporting to work once their international duty is done.
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Manchester United would rather sign Diogo Jota than Raul Jimenez
- NAPOLI- BARCELONA Setién: "Barcelona do not talk much about Anfield or Rome"
- Vanessa Bryant submits wrongful death lawsuit against helicopter company
- Champions League Napoli “There is no space for Hirving Lozano here”
- Thiago Silva, Herrera to miss second leg of Borussia Dortmund tie
- Liga MX Roberto Alvarado denies spitting on Enner Valencia