IAAF World Athletics Championships Doha 2019: How to get tickets
The prestigious event is being held in the Qatar capital from 27 September to 6 October, with over 4,000 volunteers helping to put on a world class show.
The most prestigious bi-annual event in athletics, the IAAF World Athletics Championships, is being held in Qatar this year, from 27 September to 6 October. Athletes from 213 countries will participate over 10 days in the Khalifa International Stadium.
Falah, the mascot of the IAAF World Athletics Championships
"Falah", the falcon who is the official mascot of the championships, started his promotional tour in Qatar, to raise awareness of the event and to meet the fans and encourage them to come and see their heroes in the flesh. The fans warmed immensely to Falah.
More than 4000 volunteers from around the world, with a range of skills, are helping to put on the championships. Currently the volunteers are receiving training to help them put on a world class event.
Both locally and globally the demand for tickets has been immense. Here's how to get your tickets, along with information on the various prices, categories and discounts for families and groups.
1) Category A - open seating: 15 euros
2) Follow your champion - category A - assigned seating: 37.50 euros
3) Follow your champion - category B - assigned seating: 30 euros
4) The finish line - assigned seating (sold out): 75.50 euros
To apply for tickets and make bookings: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For families: two adults plus two children (between 2 and 12 years old): 25% discount
- Groups - category 1 - 10 to 49 tickets: 15% discount
- Groups - category 2 - more than 15 tickets: 18% discount
- Individuals with special requirements: 50% discount, plus 20% discount for carers
- Discounts will apply for large ticket applications
Tickets are available
- On the official website of the Championships: https://iaafworldathleticschamps.com/doha2019/
- From ticket stands at the Doha Festival City or Doha City Centre. For more information you can get in touch with the organisers at email@example.com
Of note at the event is the first ever night marathon to be held at the Championships, which will be run in Cornualles in Doha. Fans can watch the marathon without needing to get tickets.
To follow all the news from the Championships, which are taking place in the Middle East for the first time, follow the official social media account on Twitter @IAAFDoha2019, along with the hashtags #AimBeyond and #طموح_بلا_حدود
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO How many times has Barcelona won against Real Madrid without Messi?
- NFL Denver Broncos 14 vs Cleveland Browns 17 summary: score, highlights | NFL Week 7
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- US NEWS How could Alec Baldwin have killed Halyna Hutchins with a prop firearm?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?