Marcelo could be available for Champions League Brugge test
The Brazilian trained normally with the rest of the Real Madrid squad on Monday, potentially handing Zidane a positive boost in must-win clash.
The Real Madrid infirmary may get a little more rest this week. Marcelo, who had trained alone on Sunday morning and seemed likely to miss Tuesday's Champions League match against Club Brugge was back with the group on Monday morning.
Marcelo in contention for Zidane call
This positive news meant that Zinedine Zidane is only without fellow left-back Ferland Mendy (scheduled to return after the next FIFA break) and long-term absentee Marco Asensio. The experienced Brazilian, however, is now fighting to take back his place in the team from Nacho who has been covering out of position, although he may have to make do with a place on the bench as Los Blancos look to claim a fourth successive clean sheet.
In other player return news, Luka Modric - who made a second half appearance at the weekend - will be expected to take up the European challenge on Tuesday, with the manager suggesting that either Casemiro or Kroos, both of whom have been used relentlessly, will get a rest. James too came off the bench in El Derbi and could well feature against Brugge from the start.
After missing the debacle in Paris through suspension, both Nacho and captian Sergio Ramos will be available to Zidane. Nacho's role will depend on Marcelo, while Ramos is a certain starter alongside Varane.
Te recomendamos en English
- GOLF US dominates Europe to reclaim Ryder Cup
- CORONAVIRUS | VACCINES What is a religious exemption for the Covid-19 vaccine? Are any religions against the vaccine?
- US NEWS Would the government shutdown impact SNAP benefits?
- NFL What were the Bucs-Rams ratings | NFL Week 3
- SOCCER Arteta urges Arsenal consistency after derby win over Tottenham
- NBA NBA: Kyrie Irving, the covid-19 vaccine and the "plan of Satan"