Alexis Sanchez ankle surgery goes "exactly as planned"
Inter have confirmed Alexis Sanchez has undergone successful surgery after damaging a tendon in his left ankle while on international duty.
Inter forward Alexis Sanchez has undergone successful surgery on his injured left ankle, the Serie A club have confirmed.
Sanchez was substituted late in Chile's friendly win over Colombia on Saturday, with a dislocated joint causing damage to his peroneus longus tendon.
The 30-year-old travelled to Barcelona on Wednesday for a consultation with professor Ramon Cugat and it was decided the issue should be operated on.
A statement on Inter's official website read: "The visit [with Cugat] confirmed the diagnosis of the Inter medical staff and the decision was made to proceed with surgery on the left ankle.
| UPDATE@Alexis_Sanchez underwent surgery on his left ankle earlier on todayOctober 16, 2019
"The operation was performed in the afternoon on the peroneus longus tendon and it went exactly as planned."
Sanchez, who joined Inter on a season-long loan from Manchester United in August, is expected to miss three months of action.
The ex-Arsenal star has made four appearances for Antonio Conte's side this term, scoring one goal in Serie A, though he was sent off later in the same match against Sampdoria.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 Halloween costume ideas for kids: Cruella, Squid Game, umbrella costumes and more...
- US NEWS What benefits can you get in California? Social security, unemployment, others...
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Real Madrid on red alert for Manchester United's Paul Pogba
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid: what is El Clásico's new logo?
- EL CLASICO Which player has scored the most goals in El Clásico history? All time top scorers
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS $2000 stimulus check for every American: how many people support the proposal? can it happen?