Dinamo Zagreb winger Dani Olmo receives first Spain call-up
Dani Ceballos and Jordi Alba miss out with injury while Álvaro Morata and Paco Alcácer return ahead of the qualifiers against Malta and Romania.
Robert Moreno has announced his Spain squad for the Euro 2020 qualifiers against Malta and Romania and has included Dinamo Zagreb winger Dani Olmo, who could earn his first senior cap after impressing with the under-21s at the European Championship in Italy and San Marino last summer, where he scored in the final and was named man of the match.
Álvaro Morata has also earned a recall after scoring in five consecutive games for Atlético – his best run for any club since his promotion to the senior Spain side from La Rojita in 2014.
Dani Ceballos and Jordi Alba miss out through injury with Pau Torres retaining his place and José Gayá coming in for the Barcelona left back.
In midfield, Santi Cazorla is included again after returning to the fold last May following a three-year absence while Gerard Moreno’s excellent form for Villarreal sees Cazorla’s club teammate included in an attacking line that also features Paco Alcácer and Mikel Oyarzabal.
Spain have already qualified for Euro 2020 but require one win to ensure they go into the draw in Bucharest on 30 November as group winners while Romania, who face second-placed Sweden before playing Spain, will hope to be in a position to secure the second automatic qualifying spot when they travel to Madrid or to be in the mix for the playoffs.
Spain squad for Euro 2020 qualifiers
Keepers: De Gea, Kepa, Pau López.
Defenders: Gayá, Carvajal, Jesús Navas, Sergio Ramos, Albiol, Pau Torres, Bernat, Iñigo Martínez.
Midfielders: Rodri, Cazorla, Busquets, Thiago, Saúl, Fabián.
Forwards: Alcácer, Dani Olmo, Morata, Gerard Moreno, Oyarzabal, Rodrigo.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 29 July
- GOLD CUP Mexico vs Canada, Gold Cup semi-final: how to watch - times, TV, online
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 29 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS Simone Biles suffers twisties: What are they? How do they affect gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness