Liverpool's Alisson wins inaugural Yachine Trophy for best keeper
Liverpool's Alisson is the inaugural winner of the Yachine Trophy, awarded to the best goalkeeper in world football over the past 12 months.
Liverpool and Brazil goalkeeper Alisson Becker has been nominated as the first-ever winner of the Yachine Trophy at 2019 Ballon d'Or gala awards ceremony in Paris.
The 27-year-old beat Marc-Andre ter Stegen and Ederson to be crowned the best keeper in the world.
A stunning year for Liverpool's Alisson
Alisson played a crucial role in Liverpool's Champions League success and started six times for Brazil in their triumphant Copa America campaign.
He also won the Golden Glove in the Premier League last season with 21 clean sheets as the Reds fell just short of Manchester City in the title race.
Barcelona keeper Ter Stegen finished second in the voting, while Alisson's compatriot Ederson was third.
Kepa Arrizabalaga, Hugo Lloris, Jan Oblak, Samir Handanovic, Manuel Neuer, Andre Onana and Wojciech Szczesny were also in the running for the inaugural award.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid possible starting line-ups
- SOCCER Barcelona's Piqué talks to El País about retirement, Messi, Clásico
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo vows to silence critics and win trophies at Manchester United
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves commentary, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands