Liverpool's Alisson wins inaugural Yachine Trophy for best keeper
Liverpool's Alisson is the inaugural winner of the Yachine Trophy, awarded to the best goalkeeper in world football over the past 12 months.
Liverpool and Brazil goalkeeper Alisson Becker has been nominated as the first-ever winner of the Yachine Trophy at 2019 Ballon d'Or gala awards ceremony in Paris.
The 27-year-old beat Marc-Andre ter Stegen and Ederson to be crowned the best keeper in the world.
A stunning year for Liverpool's Alisson
Alisson played a crucial role in Liverpool's Champions League success and started six times for Brazil in their triumphant Copa America campaign.
He also won the Golden Glove in the Premier League last season with 21 clean sheets as the Reds fell just short of Manchester City in the title race.
Barcelona keeper Ter Stegen finished second in the voting, while Alisson's compatriot Ederson was third.
Kepa Arrizabalaga, Hugo Lloris, Jan Oblak, Samir Handanovic, Manuel Neuer, Andre Onana and Wojciech Szczesny were also in the running for the inaugural award.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- CORONAVIRUS What are the new CDC mask guidelines for schools?
- OLYMPICS USA played with freedom in bounce-back Iran victory – Kevin Durant