Coronavirus: LaLiga suspended immediately
Javier Tebas has told the clubs in LaLiga and the Segunda that with the rising threat of coronavirus, the next two games will not be played as scheduled.
LaLiga is the latest league to be suspended due to the rising spread of coronavirus. Javier Tebas has communicated to the clubs that the next two gameweeks will be not be played as scheduled.
With more than 2,200 reported cases of coronavirus in Spain, LaLiga, the Spanish football federation and the player's union met at headquarters in Las Rosas, Madrid and have decided to postpone the next two gameweeks, which means Real Madrid's game against Eibar at the Bernabéu on Friday night is the first official LaLiga game to be postponed.
EuroLeague has also been suspended after a Real Madrid basketball player tested positive for coronavirus. Real Madrid's basektball and football players train the same facilities and are currently in self-isolated quarantine.
That comes after news that Juventus defender, Daniele Rugani, tested positive for the virus along with the Utah Jazz' Rudy Gobert. The NBA season has also been postponed.
Recommended in English
- NFL When and where is the 2021 Army vs Navy football game?
- NFL How can I get tickets to the 2021 Army-Navy game?
- NFL Who are Dallas Cowboys' most famous celebrity fans?
- SOCCER Mbappé: Real Madrid convinced PSG star's signing is in the bag
- PREMIER LEAGUE United's Rangnick points to defensive frailty in first press conference
- NBA Lakers' LeBron James returns to the lineup