Second stimulus check: what's the latest news on the HEROES payment?
Since the House of Representatives passed the HEROES Act people in the United States are longing for a second stimulus payment during the coronavirus pandemic.
The House of Representatives passed the HEROES Act two weeks ago and among other economic measures to try and kickstart the US economy after almost two months of inactivity due to the coronavirus crisis was the issue of a second round of stimulus checks for millions of Americans who have lost their jobs during the pandemic. Since the approval of that bill people have been seeking news about a second payment.
The $3 trillion proposal exceeds the cost of the $2.2 trillion CARES Act, which is the largest stimulus bill in the history of the United States. The House gave the green light but now it is up to the Republican-controlled Senate to approve a bill that has been described as "DOA" by most members of the Senate, a view backed by US President Donald Trump.
Many members of the Senate don’t agree with the Democrat-proposed bill and that is why it is most likely not going to be approved but discussions over other options will be on the table to aid Americans through the outbreak.
US citizens feel one stimulus payment is not enough in Covid-19 crisis
Over the past week in the United states, searches for a “second round of stimulus checks approved” were up to 4,250 percent, while “when will the Senate vote on the next stimulus package” was up by 2,150 percent, according to Google trends.
The search trends indicate that Americans feel a second round of stimulus payments is necessary and in a poll of 2,000 people, by OnePoll, 82 percent of respondents said a one-off stimulus payment of $1,200 was not enough amid the outbreak and they think the government should provide monthly payments.
The Senate will discuss the HEROES Act on 1 June and will push for the approval of another bill similar to the CARES Act, which was approved in mid-March. Trump made it clear last week that he is considering a second round of payments but he is currently focused on reopening the economy and controlling the virus.
Live coverage of the coronavirus crisis
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, IRS tax refund, stimulus calculator | Live
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US: what is the Californian strain; is it more dangerous and contagious?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: how you might save $3,100 in taxes with the new payment?
- US News Why has Biden rescinded the Trump’s apprenticeship program?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: can the payment be approved in the House vote on Friday?
- GAMING PlayStation State of Play February: times, stream and how to watch for new PS4 & PS5 games