Stimulus check: how to use the IRS Get My Payment tracker app
The Get My Payment application offers a solution for those still awaiting the arrival of the first wave of Economic Impact Payments.
The CARES Act was signed into law on Friday, March 27, 2020. The very first stimulus checks were paid into people's bank accounts over the weekend of the 11 and 12 of April, giving a lag time of about two weeks for the first payments.
The first people to receive the stimulus payments, directly into their bank accounts, were taxpayers who had filed a 2019 or 2020 tax return.
10 of millions of Americans received their direct payment by April 15, that is two and a half weeks after the legislation was signed into law by President Trump.
The fast majority of filers had received their payments directly in the first two weeks after the first payments, by the end of April.
Where the IRS do not have people's bank statement and have been receiving paper checks or prepaid debit cards the process has been far slower, with many millions still to receive their first stimulus payment in the middle of June. The IRS said they expected almost all stimulus payments to be made within 20 weeks.
- Second Stimulus Check: will there be another payment in August?
- Stimulus check: who'll qualify for second Economic Impact Payment?
- Who may not be eligible for a second stimulus check?
- How much do I have to earn per year to be eligible for aid?
- Stimulus check: what did Mnuchin say about second payment?
Get my Payment App
For those still awaiting payment, the Get my Payment App via the IRS is a method of tracking the status of an outstanding payment.
The application states the IRS allows the recipient (after completing personal detail information) to:
- Get your payment status
- See your payment type
- Provide your bank account information (in certain limited cases)
As data is updated once per day overnight, the IRS maintain that there's no need for the user to check back more than once per day.
The application also permits users to be informed if the stimulus check will arrive in the mail as a paper check, as aor through if you had set that up before the deadline period. The application also informs users of .
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona boss Koeman responds to Real Madrid penalty controversy
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE Juventus could be kicked out of Serie A over Super League move
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid enquire about Spurs' defender Serge Aurier
- NBA Anthony Davis posts 42-point game against the Phoenix Suns
- US NEWS Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: efficacy, safety, side effects from Pfizer, J&J, Moderna...
- US NEWS Where is my Golden State stimulus? How to check & track