Maradona's lawyer calls for investigation into medical services' "CRIMINAL IDIOCY"
Maradona's lawyer and close friend, Matias Morla, has said he will demand an investigation into the "criminal idiocy" surrounding the medical services' response following his untimely death.
Diego Maradona's lawyer and close friend, Matias Morla, has slammed the response of medical services follwing the Argentine star's death after it allegedly took an ambulance "a half an hour" to arrive at his home.
The footballing legend passed away at his home in Tigre, in the province of Buenos Aires, at the age of 60 on Wednesday, with confirmation of the official autopsy results yet to be published.
A preliminary autopsy reportedly leaked to the Argentine press has revealed that the former Boca Juniors player died of heart failure.
Morla: medical response “inexplicable”
Following the tragic passing of the World Cup 86 winner and as thousands of fans gathered at the Casa Rosada presidential palace in Buenos Aires to say their goodbyes, Morla posted a statement on his Twitter feed calling for an investigation after he referred to the medical services' response as "criminal idiocy".
"It is inexplicable that for 12 hours my friend did not have the attention or control from the part of health personnel," said Morla in a statement released on his Twitter page.
"The ambulance took half an hour to arrive in what was CRIMINAL IDIOCY."
Morla added that "this fact must not be passed over" and said he would demand an investigation to be carried out on the resulting consequences.
Morla: Maradona was “a good son”
Morla concluded the statement by paying homage to the former Napoli great: “To define Diego in this moment of profound desolation and pain, I can say: he was a good son, he was the greatest football player in history and was an honest person.”
Te recomendamos en English
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Can Child Tax Credit payments affect my tax return in 2022?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Who is Laurel Hubbard? Meet the transgender athlete breaking barriers at the Tokyo Olympics
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: JuVaughn Harrison, Jennifer Gadirova | medal count, results, today 1 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK California Golden State stimulus check: when is the new payment coming?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August