Koulibaly tests positive for Covid-19 ahead of Coppa semi-final and Juventus clash
Ahead of important meetings with Atalanta and Juventus, Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly has tested positive for Covid-19.
Kalidou Koulibaly tested positive for coronavirus ahead of Napoli's Coppa Italia semi-final second leg with Atalanta and Serie A meeting with Juventus. The centre-back returned a positive result on Friday and began self-isolating ahead of Saturday's league game against struggling Genoa. Napoli are scheduled to face Atalanta for a place in the Coppa Italia final on Wednesday and Juve – who sit two points ahead of them in fourth in Serie A – the following Saturday.
A club statement read: "After the swabs carried out this morning, Kalidou Koulibaly tested positive for COVID-19. The player is asymptomatic and will observe a period of self-isolation at home."
Granada clash looming
Napoli are already without Faouzi Ghoulam for their trip to Genoa after the full-back tested positive for coronavirus. After taking on Juventus, Napoli travel to Granada for the first leg of their Europa League last-32 tie on 18 February.
Recommended in English
- GLOBAL NEWS How much money has baby shark made?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Francisco Gento, ‘The Gale of the Cantabrian Sea’
- NFL Seahawks fire defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr.
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team