Paul Arriola's loan with Swansea City ends due to an injury
The United States international will return earlier than expected to D.C. United ahead of the start of the 2021 Major League Season due to a quadriceps injury.
The two United States internationals that were on loan at Swansea City had to return earlier than expected due to injuries. Jordan Morris, who joined the Championship side on 22 January, suffered an ACL injury during Swansea’s 4-1 league defeat against Huddersfield on 20 February and had to return to Seattle Sounders that same month before his loan expired.
Paul Arriola also joined Swansea City during the Major League Soccer offseason and his contract expired on 31 May. The 26-year-old arrived on 1 February on loan, but unfortunately his deal was cut short because he suffered a quadriceps injury and D.C. United decided to terminate his loan spell. Arriola is expected to be sidelined for six weeks, but should be ready to join the club in the 2021 MLS regular season by May.
Failed to gain minutes with Swansea
Arriola only made three appearances after arriving in February and didn’t play the minutes he expected due to injuries. The United States international missed the league clash against Blackburn Rovers due to a thigh strain on 9 March. He would miss the next three league games and last Friday he reinjured himself.
Swansea City are making a late push for promotion to England’s top-tier league, but the two Americans that arrived to help them accomplish that goal are not going to be part of this race as the 2020/21 season is almost over. The Welsh club have nine games left and currently they are in third place with 69 points and a record of 20-9-8.
Recommended in English
- Coronavirus Why did WHO skip letter Xi and name Omicron the new covid variant?
- NFL What is Dak Prescott contract with Dallas Cowboys? salary and duration
- US NEWS Shooting in Oxford, Michigan high school: how many victims and who is the suspect?
- Cowboys' Cooper 'not feeling the best' ahead of Saints game
- NFL Will Packers' Aaron Rodgers have surgery on injured toe?
- NFL How many members of the Dallas Cowboys got infected with covid? How long will they be out?