AC Milan have chosen Donnarumma's successor
According to ‘La Gazzetta dello Sport’, Milan have reached an agreement with Lille keeper Mike Maignan. Talks to renew Donnarumma's contract are in stalemate.
AC Milan announced a new deal for Zlatan Ibrahimovic on Thursday, but talks to offer Gigio Donnarumma a contract extension remain at a standstill. Mino Raiola, agent to both players, was at the club offices to sign Ibra's new contract, but that meeting produced no advances on the goalkeeper's situation - his contract is due to expire on 30 June. The Rossoneri have placed an 8 million euro offer on the table for the next five years, but the player's agent is asking for 12 million, and in the meantime, as AS has reported, is negotiating with Juventus.
Maignan lined up
In the meantime, the club has been looking for alternative options and appear to have a player in mind if Donnarumma ends up leaving this summer. According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Milan already have an agreement in place with Lille keeper Mike Maignan. The French club are asking 18 million euros for the 25-year-old, whose wages after tax would be under three million euros. La Gazzetta claim that Milan could go ahead with Maignan's signing regardless of what happens with Donnarumma, who has insisted that his plan is to continue for another season at least. His dream is to play in the Champions League with Milan, but first the team has to make sure they qualify, which at the moment, isn't guaranteed.
Recommended in English
- FORMULA 1 Lewis Hamilton wants to see change in Saudi Arabia
- SOCIAL SECURITY What is an unrestricted Social Security card? How can I apply for it?
- NFL Bucs' Bruce Arians wants the NFL to look at other teams.
- LALIGA Barcelona vs Betis: times, TV and how to watch online
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What is the difference between an abortion pill and Plan B?
- SOCCER AC Milan defender Simon Kjaer out for the rest of the season after undergoing knee surgery