Rogelio Funes Mori to be included in Mexico’s Gold Cup roster
The striker from CF Monterrey received his Mexican nationality and is now eligible to play for El Tri ahead of the start of the CONCACAF Gold Cup.
Rogelio Funes Mori is now eligible to play for the Mexico national team in the CONCACAF Gold Cup this summer. The striker from CF Monterrey completed his naturalization process to become a Mexican citizen after being linked to the national team for some time.
Will Funes Mori be called up in the next few weeks?
Mexico plays against Honduras at the Mercedes-Benz stadium in Atlanta, Georgia, on Sunday. Prior to their last warm-up game the coach of the Mexican national team, Gerardo Martino, was asked about the possibilities of Funes Mori joining the roster for the Gold Cup and he said the following:
“Rogelio Funes Mori is a player that I like alot and he has been playing in the Liga MX for many years now. He has completed his naturalization process to become Mexican now and he has been very consistent in each tournament with Monterrey,” said Martino during the press conference prior to the match against Honduras.
Gerardo Martino should be submitting the final roster of 23-players that will participate in the CONCACAF Gold Cup in the next few weeks. It is expected that Funes Mori will be included in the final list, because Henry Martín will join the Mexican Olympic team in Tokyo.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Ledecky aiming for two golds in a day with Titmus in the way
- REAL MADRID Official: Real Madrid defender Varane signs for Manchester United