Sevilla have acted quickly to replace Kevin Gameiro, whose move to Atlético Madrid was confirmed on Saturday morning, signing French forward Wissam Ben Yedder from Toulouse for a fee of nine million euros.
Ben Yedder has signed a five-year deal at the Sánchez Pizjuán and joins Luciano Vietto at the club after the Atlético forward agreed a season-long loan deal earlier this week.
The forward, 25, who started his career at amateur side UJA Alfortville, moved to Toulouse in 2010 and scored 71 goals in 174 games for the Ligue 1 side. Last season was Ben Yedder’s most profitable to date, with 23 goals in 43 appearances for Toulouse.
Recommended in English
- TENNIS Osaka gives up AO crown: 'This is the biggest step, even though I lost'
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Nothing quite beats single leg cup football
- NFL NFL playoffs: Rams must score big to beat Brady and Bucs, says Stafford
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea under Thomas Tuchel: a year on
- QATAR 2022 World Cup Qatar 2022, African Qualifiers play-off draw: how and where to watch, times, TV, online