Manchester City midfielder Samir Nasri has joined La Liga side Sevilla on a season-long loan.
"It's been a pleasure thanks to everyone in the club and the fans for the five amazing years and wish you best of luck for the season," Nasri posted on social media as the deal went through on Wednesday.
Pep Guardiola had made it clear that Nasri didn’t enter into his plans at the Ethiad stadium ever since arriving in Manchester.
Konoplyanka makes way
Making way for the Frenchman’s arrival in Seville is Yevhen Konoplyanka, whose joins Schalke.
Nasri’s inconsistent form over the past couple of years has seen him fall out of favour at City and with the French national side. However, Nasri will be hoping to recapture some of the form at Sevilla that he showed during his Arsenal days and his first seasons at Manchester City.
Recommended in English
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Lewandowski and Ronaldo eye history – Champions League in Opta numbers
- REAL MADRID Marcelo set to leave Real Madrid for Brazil
- NBA Blazers' Damian Lillard wants $107 million two year extension
- NBA Blazers guard CJ McCollum out indefinitely for collapsed lung
- NBA Anthony Davis lauds in-form Lakers star Russell Westbrook
- NBA Mavs’ Luka Doncic admits having conditioning issues