The future of Stevan Jovetic is set to be decided soon. In Italy, speculation is mounting as to where his future lies, but he has reportedly said "yes" to Sevilla in what would be a loan deal until the end of the season.
Gazzetta dello Sport said on Thursday that the reason the deal has not gone through is due to a potential permanent deal at the end of the loan. Late on Wednesday, it is reported, a meeting took place between representatives of the player and the Spanish club in Marbella. Jovetic's agents decided to accept the club's proposal with the club still holding our for the option to buy the player in the summer or not. This is where the threat of a Chinese transfer comes in. Clubs in the Chinese league have been throwing money at European-based players this winter and Inter Milan might have to accept an offer from them should they present one given the financial state of the club. The Milan side are also awaiting Jovetic's departure so they can bring in Roberto Gagliardini from Atalanta.
Deal complete, without being official
On the other hand, Corriere dello Sport report that a deal between Sevilla and the footballer and the club is complete and they also state that the striker would reject a move to China. They also report that an option to buy for Sevilla in the summer of 2017 would be included in the deal.
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth