The future of Stevan Jovetic is set to be decided soon. In Italy, speculation is mounting as to where his future lies, but he has reportedly said "yes" to Sevilla in what would be a loan deal until the end of the season.
Gazzetta dello Sport said on Thursday that the reason the deal has not gone through is due to a potential permanent deal at the end of the loan. Late on Wednesday, it is reported, a meeting took place between representatives of the player and the Spanish club in Marbella. Jovetic's agents decided to accept the club's proposal with the club still holding our for the option to buy the player in the summer or not. This is where the threat of a Chinese transfer comes in. Clubs in the Chinese league have been throwing money at European-based players this winter and Inter Milan might have to accept an offer from them should they present one given the financial state of the club. The Milan side are also awaiting Jovetic's departure so they can bring in Roberto Gagliardini from Atalanta.
Deal complete, without being official
On the other hand, Corriere dello Sport report that a deal between Sevilla and the footballer and the club is complete and they also state that the striker would reject a move to China. They also report that an option to buy for Sevilla in the summer of 2017 would be included in the deal.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and Child Tax Credit live updates: can it be passed in August? Dates, tax return, opt-out...
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 3 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Tokyo Olympics: Warholm breaks own record of 46-second in 400 m hurdle gold run
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS How many Olympic medals has Simone Biles? What's her position in US historical ranking?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics: Belarus must answer to IOC over Tsimanouskaya saga
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics Recap: Warholm hurdles into history, Durant inspires USA into basketball semis