The Barcelona press still has high hopes for league title
'Sport' spoke of a 'possible' league title, while 'Mundo Deportivo' went with the Judgement Day angle, pinning their hopes on Málaga's Sandro putting a dampener on the Madrid party.
Barcelona awoke on Sunday morning with high hopes that Los Culés could secure their third league title on the trot. The front-page headline of 'Sport' crossed out the prefix 'im' to leave the word 'possible', in reference to chances of Luis Enrique's side overcoming Eibar at the Camp Nou and Zidane's Madrid slipping up away to Málaga.
'Mundo Deportivo', meanwhile, went with the Judgement Day angle, pinning their hopes on Málaga's Sandro popping the Madrid league-title baloon. The Barcelona youth-team product has become the great hope of Catalonia on Sunday evening's tie at La Rosaleda, with the belief that he can do enough to see the title swerve towards Barcelona at the last minute.
'L’Esportiu' talked of "work and faith", going for the simple premise that all Barça can do is win and hope Málaga do them a favour to give them a "miraculous" league title on Luis Enrique's swansong as Barcelona coach at the Camp Nou. Other slightly less partisan newspapers, La Vanguardia for instance, talked about the focus being on Míchel.
Recommended in English
- MLB Why is the MLB close to a lockout? What are the key issues?
- NFL Where does the Dallas Cowboys - New York Giants team rivalry comes from?
- NFL Who has the biggest NFL rivalry?
- US NEWS What services are likely to stop during a government shutdown?
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES Supreme Court on Roe v Wade live updates: arguments, Abortion Law, Mississippi...
- NFL Who are the 10 best Dallas Cowboy players of all time?