Modric: "I'd love to have played alongside Zidane"
Recently awarded as FIFA ‘The Best’ 2018 and a leading candidate for the Ballon d'Or, the Croatian spoke to France Football.
The new edition of France Football hits the stores tomorrow and includes and exclusive interview with Croatian international Luka Modric.
In the interview, the current Real Madrid midfielder was full of praise for his former coach Zinedine Zidane, who oversaw the team to three back-to-back Champions League wins with Real Madrid and who surprisingly called time on his managerial spell last June. "I would have loved to play in the same team as Zidane" with the Croatian adding: "Football is a game that is also played with the head".
The Ballon d'Or candidate also reflected back on his time playing alongside Cristiano Ronaldo with the Portuguese striker moving to Serie A side Juventus during the summer: "Cristiano is streets ahead" maintained Modric when asked about the Madeira born player's ability.
Modric also found time to praise Kylian Mbappé, who for many is one of the most promising talents in the game and a leading favourite to win the inaugural Kopa Trophy. "I have bo doubt that Mbappé will continue to develop is a positive way", concluded the 33-year-old.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother