Benzema back on the grass, as Reguilón stays in the gym
At Real Madrid training on Tuesday, Karim Benzema made his return to the grass but worked away from the group as he continues his recovery from a hamstring injury.
Real Madrid's French striker, Karim Benzema, continues his recovery process and on Tuesday worked alone during the team’s return to training after Sunday's victory over Villarreal.
The rest of the team – with the exception of injured players Álvaro Odriozola and Sergio Ramos, and Sergio Reguilón, who trained alone in the gym – began preparations for the Sunday’s penultimate league game against Real Sociedad.
Benzema, who has missed Madrid’s last two fixtures after suffering a hamstring injury against Getafe on April 25, returned to the grass, where he did some ball work away from the rest of the group. At present, it is unknown if the French striker will travel for Sunday’s clash with Sociedad.
Odriozola and Ramos
Odriozola (fractured collarbone) and Sergio Ramos (hamstring) also continued with their respective recoveries away from the group. Captain Ramos could still make a return before the last game of the season, while Odriozola is not expected to be back to action before season close.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Gonzalo Higuaín returned to the MLS Team of the Week
- LALIGA SANTANDER Coutinho reaches 100, but Barcelona won't pay Liverpool variable
- SOCCER | BARCELONA Koeman: Clasico Barcelona fans incident reflects "social issues"
- NBA | BULLS Bulls 'want to win now' after following in Michael Jordan's footsteps with 4-0 start
- MLB When was the last time the Astros and Braves won the World Series?
- WORLD SERIES Who are the MLB World Series winners by year?