Lionel Messi told to play 'Sunday league football' in Brazil
Argentina just need Lionel Messi to deliver what he does in every game, coach Lionel Scaloni said.
Lionel Scaloni hopes Lionel Messi can just produce "what he does every Sunday" as Argentina target success at the Copa America.
Messi's Barça form needed
Argentina will face Nicaragua on Friday in their final friendly before their Copa campaign begins against Colombia on June 15.
Messi is still bidding to win his first senior title with Argentina, and his performances for the national team have often been criticised.
Scaloni believes his nation can be successful as a team, if Messi can deliver what he does regularly for Barcelona.
"If we have a good performance as a team and, in addition, Messi does what he does every Sunday, we will surely do well," he told a news conference on Thursday.
Scaloni named Messi, Manchester City star Sergio Aguero and River Plate forward Matias Suárez to lead his attack against Nicaragua.
The former Argentina international hailed his side's attacking talent, saying: "We know we have pure dynamite up there.
"So, if we are solid, we will have many possibilities."
Recommended in English
- US NEWS When did Cyber Monday originate? What is Cyber Monday?
- NFL What is the Dallas Cowboys best record in franchise history?
- NFL Seattle vs. Washington live online: stats, scores and highlights | NFL Week 11
- SOCCER Which players have won the most Ballons d'Or?
- Belichick vindicated once more as Jackson builds DPOY case
- BALLO D'OR When did Messi win all of his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats