Fiorentina star Ribéry named Serie A MVP for September
Following his goals against Atalanta and AC Milan, recognition has come for Fiorentina's free signing from Bayern Munich with a player of the month award.
Franck Ribéry has been named Serie A's Most Valuable Player for September following a sterling start to his Fiorentina career.
The experienced former France international moved to Florence from Bayern Munich as a free agent and has taken little time to adapt to Italian football.
After debuting against Napoli in August, winger Ribéry scored his maiden Fiorentina goal with a well-judged volley in a 2-2 draw at Atalanta on September 22.
He had been given a standing ovation for a lively performance in the previous weekend's stalemate against Juventus and won another after starring and scoring in a brilliant 3-1 win over AC Milan at San Siro.
Ribéry, 36, made five appearances in total in September, helping Fiorentina end the month in 10th.
Vincenzo Montella will hope the former Marseille man continues his fine form when La Viola entertain mid-table Udinese on Sunday.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Caeleb Dressel 100m swimming, medal count, results, today 29 July
- Stimulus Checks $1000 stimulus check for educators: how to claim it if I haven't received it
- US NEWS Disgraced USA Gymnastics doctor, Larry Nassar has received $2,000 in stimulus checks
- LA GALAXY ‘Chicharito’ Hernández to miss his sixth consecutive MLS game due to injury
- Olympic Games | Gymnastics How tall and what age are the USA gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Who is Jade Carey, the US gymnast replacing Simone Biles at the Olympics?