Real Madrid lead the world in social media followers
Real Madrid have over 223 million followers on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook according to a survey conducted by Sporting Intelligence.
Real Madrid has more followers on social media than any other club in the world - according to a recent survey conducted by Sporting Intelligence. Madrid have a total of 223 million followers across three social platforms - Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. And apart from being the number one club in general terms, Madrid also lead the rest on each of the individual social media platforms.
Not far behind Madrid are Barcelona, who have a total of 213.6 million followers. Next are two Premier League clubs - Manchester United and Chelsea, but their combined number of followers doesn't even come close to Barcelona's total. United have almost 126 million follower while Chelsea have just over 81 million. Real Madrid and Barcelona overwhelmingly dominate Facebook, where they boast 110 and 103 million followers respectively - no one else even comes close to those figures.
Football, basketball and cricket on social media
LaLiga has another representative in the Top 20 - Atlético Madrid are in 15th place with almost 27 million followers in total - almost half of that figure is on the club's Facebook account, where they have 13 million followers.
Football completely dominates the Top 10 of the most followed sporting institutions with five Premier League clubs, two from LaLiga and one each from Serie A, the Bundesliga and Ligue 1. The first non-football club to appear in the ranking is NBA side Los Angeles Lakers, who have a combined total of 39 million followers across their social media accounts - that's almost a sixth of Real Madrid's total followers. The NBA is the competition to feature most after football with seven clubs in the Top 30 - the Warriors, Bulls, Heat, Rockets, Cavaliers and Celtics along with the Lakers.
India's cricket teams are close behind - there are four cricket teams in the Top 30 and as for other sports , the NFL has two clubs in the list - the Cowboys are in 27th position with 15.6 million followers and the Patriots sit 28th with 14.5 million. There is just one baseball team in the Top 30 - New York Yankees, who have 14.5 million followers.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: USA, Caeleb Dressel gold and WR in 4x100 medley, medal count, results, today 1 August
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and child tax credit live updates: can it be passed in August? dates, tax return, opt-out...
- NFL Zimmer "frustrated" as 3 Viking QBs sit out practice due to covid-19 protocols
- GOLD CUP 2021 Mexico's CONCACAF 2021 Gold Cup squad: key absentees
- MLB Rays beat Red Sox to move top; Mets win in Báez debut
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August