“Football romantics will always support Morocco”
Director of AS Alfredo Relaño was speaking along with German legend Matthäus on Morocco's ‘Arriyadia TV’.
Former German international Lothar Matthäus who played in four World Cup competicions (Spain 82, Mexico 86, Italy 90 and USA 94) and Director of AS, Alfredo Relaño, participated on a special programme on the Arriyadia TV network about the Morocco 2026 World Cup bid where the North African nation faces competition from a combined US-Mexico and Canada bid.
“Football romantics will always support Morocco, stated Relaño. “This is one of the reasons why I accepted to be an ambassador for the Morocco 2026 campaign" added Matthäus. "I'm somewhat old school and believe that football should be able to reach every corner of the planet".
The programme lasted for 90 minutes and of course, the forthcoming Russia 2018 World Cup was discussed as Morocco find themselves in Group B with Spain. "My prediction is for Spain to beat Morocco 2-1 in that game but i do hope that both nations progress in the competition added the former German player with both Relaño and Matthius concluding that Spain are one of the leading favourites to lift the World Cup at the Luzniki Stadium in Moscow on July 15.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPICS GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 2 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES Simone Biles returns for gymnastic's balance beam finals: times, TV, and how to watch 2021 Olympics
- TRAVEL Which countries are in the ‘Level 4: Do not travel' category?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER The USWNT will play against Australia for bronze
- OLYMPIC GAMES Which Olympic boxer has won the most medals?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Megan Rapinoe could retire from USWNT after Olympic campaign