Laporta mimicks Tebas' CVC tweet: "Dear Javier..."
LaLiga's president responded to Laporta's claims that the CVC deal "mortgages" Barcelona's TV rights. He received an instant, sardonic reply.
LaLiga president Javier Tebas was eager to give his reply to comments made by Joan Laporta regarding the deal with CVC, which the Barcelona president described in today's press conference as "mortgaging the club for half a century".
Tebas gave an instant reply on Twitter. "Hello Joan Laporta, you know that the CVC operation does not mortgage Barcelona's television rights for 50 years; what it does is make those rights worth more for all clubs, so you can go to your bank to ask for a loan to resolve the big debt. That was how you understood it a few hours ago. Resolved".
Hola @JoanLaportaFCB , sabes que la operación de CVC, no hipoteca los derechos de tv del @FCB 50 años, lo que hace es que los mismos tengan más valor para todos los clubes y asi tú los puedas HIPOTECAR a tus BANCOS y resolver la gran deuda.Asi lo entendias hace horas.#Solucion pic.twitter.com/v3OdpC9ziq— Javier Tebas Medrano (@Tebasjavier) August 6, 2021
During this morning's press conference at Camp Nou, Laporta was shown Tebas' tweet and replied to it ironically, giving his version of what the agreement with the private equity and investment company means for Barcelona and the future of the league. "Hello Javier..." he began, ending with "Dear Javier...".
Recommended in English
- Coronavirus Why did WHO skip letter Xi and name Omicron the new covid variant?
- NFL What is Dak Prescott contract with Dallas Cowboys? salary and duration
- US NEWS Shooting in Oxford, Michigan high school: how many victims and who is the suspect?
- CHRISTMAS NYC Rockefeller Center Christmas tree lighting: times, price tickets, TV and how to watch
- COVID-19 How many Covid-19 variants have been there besides Omicron? what are their differences?
- NFL Why are the Green Bay Packers called cheeseheads? What kind of cheese are the cheeseheads?